Hi, welcome to my media coursework blog. My name is Audrey King Lassman (0397) and I am working in Group 3 with Chrystal Li (0470), Brandon Poonwasie (0660) and Juliette Wileman (0875). You can navigate my blog by clicking on the labels at the right hand side.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog!
Here is the link to Group 3's Facebook group, where we discuss and plan things for the project:

Our music video

Our Website

Our Digipak Cover

Our Digipak Cover

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Initial research, influences and ideas: Inspirational artists/bands

In terms of their look and image, bands that inspire my ideas include:

My Chemical Romance
 
Panic! At the Disco
Paramore
These bands all have a distinct look that represents their genre yet stays individual to them at the same time. I like their emo/punk rock type hairstyles, outfits and use of make-up. I especially like Panic! At the Disco's look because it is more obviously unique to that band.

These bands are of the indie/punk/alternative rock genre. An influential band in terms of image not within that genre is Mumford & Sons, a folk rock/indie folk band:



Like with the previous bands, I like how their look reflects their genre, and with all of these examples I like how the look is consistent - all band members present themselves in similar ways, while having some features specific to them, e.g. one Panic! At the Disco member's black eye make-up on one eye, so individuality is still a feature of the bands but they're unified in general style. This style is consistent in their album covers and music videos, too:

This video for Mumford & Sons' "Hopeless Wanderer" is meant to be comical and uses actors in place of the real band members, but their folk style is maintained…

… as well as on the album cover for "Babel" on which this song is featured:

In terms of the actual music of the bands, the first three in particular are also influential. I definitely want the music video, album cover and website I make to be for a band, not a solo artist or pop group, and the indie/alternative rock genres are appealing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment